NetScout Systems, Inc.
310 Littleton Road
Westford, MA 01886
Collection Of Personal Information
“Personal Information” is any information that could be used to uniquely identify, describe, locate, or contact an individual, such as, name, physical description, social security number, national-, state- or province-issued identification number, driver’s license number, date of birth, bank account numbers, credit card numbers and other credit related information, personal identification numbers, passwords, pass-codes, password hint answers, required to provide a service, deliver a product, or carry out a transaction you have requested. Some of the reasons we collect your Personal Information include:
- registering an account
- using certain features of our products or services
- requesting service and support for our products or services
- placing a transaction or order
- registering to attend a seminar
- participating in an online survey
- submitting an entry for a sweepstakes or other promotion
- participating in discussion groups or forums
- engaging in collaboration efforts
- registering for membership programs or newsletter subscriptions
- applying for a job
Uses of your Personal Information
NetScout uses your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To process your orders and deliver the products and services that you have ordered.
- To provide the ability to contact you with shipping and billing information for your orders.
- To provide support and assistance for our products and services.
- To keep you up to date on the latest product announcements, software updates, software upgrades, system enhancements, special offers, and other information. This may occasionally include information from other technology companies about products and services that can add value to your NetScout products.
- To provide the ability to create a personal profile area and view protected content.
- To provide customer feedback and support.
- To provide contests, sweepstakes or other marketing or promotional activities on the NetScout.com websites.
- To conduct questionnaires and surveys in order to provide better products and services to our customers and end users. Your completion of any questionnaire is voluntary.
- To support recruitment inquiries.
- To provide on-line discussion groups and forums.
- To communicate with you about a conference or event.
- To personalize newsletters and websites to your preferences, so we can understand more about you. For example, allow you the opportunity to request specific information on products and services that may be of interest.
- To allow you to forward information to another individual such as a friend or co-worker. NetScout does not store the personal information of the third party. We collect the information for the sole purpose of sending a one-time email. If you choose to use our referral service to inform a colleague or friend, we will only ask for a contact name and email address.
- To meet contract obligations and to comply with legal requirements.
Questions, Comments, and Updating Your Personal Information
If you have questions or comments regarding this policy or need to update your Personal Information you have shared with us, please submit to NetScout by mail or e-mail as follows:
NetScout Systems, Inc.
310 Littleton Road
Westford, MA 01886
Please include your name, title, company name, and e-mail address.
If you do not want NetScout to contact you for marketing purposes by email, postal mail, fax and/or phone, you may unsubscribe by sending an email to email@example.com, calling us at the above telephone number, or writing to us at the above address. Please provide us with your name, email address and the title of the marketing material you wish to unsubscribe from or information you do not want us to share with other organizations. If you are sending an email, place the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject line.
Non-Personal/Anonymous Information Collection
In some instances NetScout may collect non-personal (aggregate or demographic) data through cookies, web logs, and web beacons. This information is used to better understand and improve the usability, performance, and effectiveness of the website. Please read the “Cookies” section below for more information.
Sharing Your Personal Information
We will not sell rent or otherwise provide your Personal Information to third parties for marketing purposes unless you have granted us permission to do so.
We may be required to disclose your Personal Information in order to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure or other legal process requirements. NetScout will use reasonable efforts to limit the Personal Information it provides for these purposes.
We may share your Personal Information within NetScout or any of our worldwide locations for purposes of data processing or storage.
We may also share your Personal Information with business partners, service vendors, authorized third-party agents or contractors in order to provide a requested service or transaction, including processing orders, processing credit card transactions, hosting websites, hosting event and seminar registration and providing customer support. We will only provide these third parties with the minimum amount of Personal Information necessary to complete the requested service or transaction and we require that they treat Personal Information consistent with the terms contained in this policy.
We will ask for your consent before we use or share your Personal Information for any purpose other than the reason you provided it or as otherwise provided by this policy. In order to let us know your preferences, we will require an action on your part, such as checking the appropriate option, to indicate your consent.
Security of Your Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is very important to NetScout. We have in place physical, administrative, and technical safeguards designed to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access. In addition, NetScout uses standard security protocols and mechanisms to exchange the transmission of sensitive data such as credit card details.
While we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit. We recommend you to take every precaution in protecting your Personal Information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and use a secure browser.
As is true when you visit most web sites, NetScout may automatically receive information from you as part of the communication connection itself, which often consists of network routing information (where you came from), equipment information (browser type), and date and time. NetScout may also use embedded URLs and embedded pixels to capture additional information.
NetScout will not retain your Personal Information no longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
Discussion Groups and Forums
If you participate in a NetScout discussion group or forum, you should be aware that the information you provide there is broadly available to all others who have access to that discussion forum or chat room, including parties both inside and outside NetScout. Also, please recognize that individual forums and chat rooms may have additional rules and conditions. Each participant’s opinion on a forum or chat room is his or her own and should not be considered as reflecting the opinion of NetScout.
If you reside or are located outside of the United States of America, be aware that any Personal Information you provide to NetScout will be transferred to the United States. Certain countries may not allow information (such as email) to be transmitted outside of that country or region.
By clicking on buttons such as “submit,” “continue,” “register,” etc., you consent to the transfers and processing referred to above taking place. If you have any concerns, we suggest you do not use the forms or contact mechanisms included in this web site, and use an alternative form of contacting us such as telephoning one of our operators or writing to us by postal mail.
NetScout may amend this privacy statement from time to time. We will post a prominent notice in this section of this policy notifying users when it is updated.
Last update: April 15, 2010